Business Development and Sales
VIA Global Health is distributing health, and improving healthcare to billions of patients globally. VIA is a sourcing and distribution platform that connects local medical distributors with health equipment manufacturers throughout the world, creating access to thousands of necessary but difficult-to-source supplies that makes it faster, easier and more affordable to source, quote, purchase and ship products. Our mission is to create universal access to the tools that enable quality healthcare.
VIA is a rapidly growing business, operating from offices in the US and South Africa to do business in over 25 countries, with some of the most innovative health technologies amongst nearly 50,000 products selling through the VIA platform. A key objective for 2018 is to grow presence and sales in South Asia through an office and operations growth in India. We have recently received recognition and/or contracts from USAID, Duke University Global Health Institute, VentureWell, Innovations in Healthcare, Saving Lives at Birth: A Grand Challenge for Development, US Department of Commerce and the Miller Center for Social Entrepreneurship, and have been written up by The Huffington Post, DevEx, GeekWire and TechCrunch.
VIA’s relationships, human touch and local trust is what sets us apart from other companies in this space. Because of this, VIA is hiring for a highly-motivated Sales Manager to develop relationships with medical equipment distributors in India and to convert increased sales from our catalog of thousands of medical products. The Sales Manager will be responsible for market expansion and sales growth in India.
This position will be based in India (location city flexible). As we are a rapidly-growing small company, the potential for career growth is unlimited with this role, and the best performing Sales Managers would be considered for leadership roles. This position will report directly to the Vice President, Global Business Development.
Growing VIA’s local presence and distributor network (25%)
- Researching and developing database of medical distributors in the region
- Outreach to prospective customers/distributors to register as Verified Distributors
- Onboarding new distributors through training and sales support
- Attending/exhibiting at trade shows and conferences to grow VIA’s awareness and sales
Growing sales (75%)
- Relationship building with existing Verified Distributors, to earn trust and grow business
- Initiating and closing deals for medical equipment and consumables. This will lead to improved awareness of VIA and increased sales in India, where we have already seen significant interest and demand
- Building sales team, when ready, including any strategic planning for locations and roles
- General sales administrative updates and documentation – updating sales tracking documents, customer database and CRM systems
- Sales experience, preferably in the medical field. VIA can train if the candidate does not have medical background.
- Medical experience. This can be in lieu of sales/business experience, as we are happy to train the right candidate in the business side if they have the medical experience.
- Highly motivated, proactive and driven. Someone who will use training and company direction to expand VIA’s business opportunities throughout India
- Professional – able to represent the company with dignity and credibility
- Humble – trainable, coachable and willing to learn new methods and tactics
- Analytical ability with regard to data, and strategic critical thinking for using analysis insights
- Ability to work remotely and independently without constant supervision, thriving in a less structured, rapidly growing start-up environment
- Detailed, organized, responsible – required to maintain your sales contacts and deals in our internal sales tracking and CRM systems
- University degree
- Indian citizen and resident
- Proficient English written and spoken (with additional benefit for any local languages spoken)
- 5 years work experience
- Detailed and organized, and willing to do everything – no task is too small or beneath anyone at VIA
- Ability to manage many projects/sales at once
- Ability to travel within India, and possibly surrounding countries, as needed
- References available
- Compensation package is commensurate with experience, and would comprise of a salary + commission + bonus opportunities. Pre-approved work-related travel would be paid by VIA.
- Contact Brian Krawczyk at firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title “Sales Manager – India” listed in the subject line. Please provide your CV and a short description about what makes you a strong candidate for this role.
Download a PDF copy of this job posting
VIA Global Health is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. VIA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Seattle, WA Department: Customer Service
VIA is always on the lookout for excellent customer services reps dedicated to providing our clients the highest level in customer support. VIA representatives are not only empowered to ‘make things right’ but they are dynamic customer facing part of our business. If you have experience with international e-commerce and providing excellent support, we’d love to hear from you. Please email your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com